Sunday, November 20, 2011

Conrad Schmidt, Junior, Benilde St. Margaret's

I am a native of Minnesota and my logo design represents the State of Minnesota.

The rope around the logo represents the heritage and tradition of the Navy. The

water in the background is significant not only for the USS Minnesota, but the State

of Minnesota since it is the land of 10,000 lakes which includes one of the Great Lakes,

Lake Superior. I have spent a lot of time on the North Shore of Lake Superior and this

is an area that I enjoy very much. I have placed the outline of the State of Minnesota as

the backdrop for the Star of the North and the USS Minnesota. In the center of the logo is

the North Star which represents the State of Minnesota's motto, "L'Etoile Du Nord",

The Star of the North. The Virginia Class Submarine, the USS Minnesota, is shown

patrolling at the water's surface protecting our Country. The color of my logo is blue and

gold. The blue and the gold represent the Navy's colors and the colors of the Crew's

that will man and operate the USS Minnesota.

For many years I have had an interest in the Navy. My desire is to attend the United

States Naval Academy or attend a University under the NROTC Scholarship Program.

I am a member of the United States Sea Cadets, Twin Cities Squadron, and am

currently hold the position of Paton Leader P03 and have been involved for 3 years.

I entered the logo contest for the Sea Cadet's and my logo was chosen and is used today

with the Twin Cities Squadron. I have attended many trainings around the Country

learning and being trained by the Navy. I also have attended the S.T. E.M program at the

U.S. Naval Academy in the summer of 201 0, which gave me a look at the Academy and

was a great experience with Navy Midshipmen. My goal is to become a Naval Aviator

with the United States Navy.


No comments:

Post a Comment